December 1, 2013

REVIEW! Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel
 

I started looking for a product to fade the dark spots that I have on my face.  One in particular on my right cheek has been bothering me for a while and another small spot below my right eye was starting to surface.  Since we just came out of summer, I think being outdoors in the sun without full on SPF had a big part in creating the problem.  The other way, I think was due to stress.  Stress has a way of wreaking havoc         on the complexion. 
 
So I picked up the Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel because it guaranteed results in 4 weeks.  I used it consistently for 4 weeks.  I stayed out of the sun, wore heavy SPF if I did go outside, washed and exfoliated my skin really well before applying it each night. 
I applied it all over my face and neck.  It has a clear gel consistency and it takes about a minute to dry.  Once it dried, I went on to apply my normal evening moisturizer.  After a few weeks, I noticed the large dark patch on my cheek (I've had for about a year) started to feel “scaly”, so I took the only heavy scrub I had which was a body scrub with honey and sugar and scrubbed away on that patch.  Afterwards it felt really smooth and the patch seemed to lighten a little.                                       
Before Pictures
[click on pictures below to enlarge]







After Pictures (4wks)




I notice however that after 4 weeks of use, there’s only a slight improvement to the dark patch on my cheek.  The spot under my eye remains to be about the same.  I am going to continue to use it though.  After about 4 wks I’ve only gone through about half the bottle. The “scaly” feeling on my cheek's dark patch comes back every few days, so I use the sugar scrub (Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub)to smooth it off.  I normally would never use a scrub this abrasive for my face, but it seems to be helping.
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub

Im going to continue with this routine: deep exfoliation along with the peel until I’ve used up the whole bottle, then do a final review.  I'll do a final comparison of the before and after pictures.

I will say, even if it doesn’t remove my dark patches completely, it brightened my complexion and has given it a more even, and “polished” look to it in this amount of time that I've used it.  I don't know if these results will be long term, so if I want to continue using it for that purpose only, I think it’d be worth the $12-$13.  Even my Cellex-C Vitamin C Serum that I’ve used for years doesn’t do that.  

My Video Review Here!  http://youtu.be/vf0-3KLUFGQ